Living Ubuntu has had a very active, productive, exciting, fulfilling and interesting year in 2016. Many of our public events can be viewed here: 2016 Living Ubuntu Events.
- We successfully launched a new project, Living Vegan, “…supporting, educating and advocating compassion and health for people, animals and the planet.” We hosted and collaborated on many events throughout the year, e.g. educational screenings, speakers, social get-togethers, and plant-based workshops and cooking, all in addition to our advocacy efforts.
- To raise awareness and bring compassionate change to schools where students raise animals for slaughter, we started filming a feature length documentary, still in process, to be released in 2017, “So Give Me An F” (trailer).
- Results of the research project, “Trauma Recovery for East African Refugees in San Diego” were finalized, affirming Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE®) as a very beneficial practice. (Video).
- We offered workshops teaching TRE® to the local community, both at the introductory level, and certification training for those wanting to become providers (including giving scholarships for the training to members of the East African refugee community in San Diego). As support for those who learned TRE®, we held a twice a month “Group Shake” (ongoing). What is TRE®?
- Orange County for Climate Action held many public events and we began working with Nicole Capretz, author of San Diego’s groundbreaking Climate Action Plan. The work will continue in 2017 as we seek for cities in Orange County to emulate San Diego’s accomplishment. And we are asking CalPERS and CalSTRS to divest from animal agriculture. This campaign is ongoing, have you signed yet?
Please include us in your year-end giving. Consider becoming a monthly supporter. And as an all-volunteer-run organization, more volunteers are always invited, welcome, needed and appreciated.
There is a lot to be done in 2017. Thank you for your generous, ongoing support of our efforts.
In the spirit of Ubuntu,
Barbara English, LMFT, CBT, TRE® Certification Trainer
Co-founder and Executive Director, Living Ubuntu
livingubuntu.org | facebook | donate »
occlimateaction.org | facebook
[Ubuntu] n. We belong to the greater whole.
Orange County for Climate Action (planning meeting)
Tuesday January 3, 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Plant Powered OC: The Secrets To Weight Loss on a Plant-Based Diet
Wednesday January 4, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE®)- Group Shake
Thursday, January 5, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Re-Examining our Belief Systems: Growing Beyond the Known (a 3-part TRE® workshop series) – register now!
Saturday January 14, 9:00am – 4:30pm (part I)