It’s Giving Tuesday – we need your support.
In order to effectively continue and increase local trauma recovery for the most vulnerable, we need you on board with us. While we have future plans to bring trauma recovery into additional communities within the Southern California area, currently we are focused on the East African Refugee community in San Diego. We have been extremely successful with this project so far and now need sufficient funding to bring it to completion.
Here is what’s next:
• Teach Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) to 22 female refugees who have been patiently waiting their turn since September, participating in the Control group for research (Launch: February 2015);
• Begin the second part of the research — replicate the paradigm with 40 male East African Refugees in San Diego (Launch: February 2015);
• Provide scholarships to selected refugee leaders to become certified in TRE so they can continue to expand access within their community, offering the groups in their Mother Tongue (Launch: May 2015).
We have everything in place to continue. We just need the money to do it.
When you donate to Living Ubuntu, we are grassroots enough that even small contributions make a huge difference for us. One of the most helpful things you can do is become a monthly contributor — even at the minimum amount of $10.00. Will you help us?
To make a contribution click here. This link allows you select the option you want, “one-time” or “monthly”.
With much gratitude,
Barbara English, LMFT
Founder & Executive Director, Living Ubuntu
[Ubuntu] n. a person is a person through other persons
::: FROM THE LIVING UBUNTU BLOG:::
• A Message from Martina Knee (2014)
• What if our worldview just can’t perceive climate change? Why trauma recovery is essential.
• 3-part series on refugees and trauma:
o Part 1 – If their homeland had been a safe place to live, they wouldn’t have become refugees
o Part 2 – Why is it difficult for refugees to get help for trauma & PTSD?
o Part 3 – Why does trauma recovery for refugees require a somatic approach?
::: UPCOMING LIVING UBUNTU MEETINGS :::
Living Ubuntu planning meeting – tonight!
Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 6:30p – 8p
Orange County for Climate Action (OCCA) planning meeting (a Living Ubuntu and UNA-OC partnership) – tomorrow!
Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 6:30p – 8p
Patty’s office: 2424 SE Bristol Street, Suite 300, Newport Beach, CA 92660
If you arrive late, the door will be locked. To be let in, call Patty’s cell: 949.246.2969
Call in option: (951) 262-4343 | Participant access code: 377504
GOLDEN WEST COLLEGE PEACE STUDIES PROGRAM
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR BIOENERGETIC ANALYSIS
Celebrate Living Ubuntu’s 10th Birthday!
Toward a More Peaceful World
Dr. David Berceli and Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE)
A 2-day workshop and evening birthday celebration
Saturday January 17 – Sunday January 18, 2015
Golden West College
15744 Goldenwest St
Huntington Beach, California, 92647
Net proceeds will benefit Living Ubuntu’s Trauma Recovery for East African Refugees in San Diego.
***Early registration discount through December 19, 2014***