“For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.”
– Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Global Warming and the Resulting Climate Change
Living Ubuntu’s Pledge
- At public events, we will:
- serve only vegetarian foods (vegan and organic as much as possible).
- purchase our food and other products from local sources whenever possible.
- serve water from pitchers and not use individual disposable plastic water bottles.
- exhaust our current supplies, then replace with eco-friendly plates, napkins, cups, utensils.
- not use styrofoam.
- begin a process toward the goal of ‘zero-waste’ at larger events.
- At our office, we will:
- use filtered water on site, i.e. no water cooler that requires water delivery.
- use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- use recycled paper whenever possible.
- For public marketing and other communications, we will:
- not use postal mail, using digital means as much as possible.
- begin implementing QR codes when feasible to reduce need for paper.
- Additionally, we will:
- carpool when we can and encourage others to do the same.
- begin integrating raising awareness of global warming into our events and public messages.
- keep looking for additional things we can do to reduce our carbon footprint and encourage others to do the same.
“Live simply so that others may simply live.”
– Mahatma Gandhi